Saturday, October 07, 2006

Rootcause B'gosh

8 years ago, a Libran like me, was probably asking for a piece of hell when I decided to marry my Aries wife (yes, cloud-9 really do clouds the klout).

You see, I've never been the type who reads the Astrology column during breakfast but a year ago, Madam Zodiac was forwarded into my Inbox. And to my suprise, Libra is supposed to be the EXACT opposite of Aries - which is read as: we should not even want to know each other.

The zodiacs were stressing on just how DIFFERENT Libra and Aries are that it's impossible to find a common like. Well, let the truth be known: I agree. Here, check this list out:

Iffil: Spicy food, please.
Sara: Chillies? Wanna kill me?

Iffil: Rolls on the floor over chicken crossing the road joke.
Sara: Just looks at Iffil, in disbelief.

Iffil: Needs 4 days to think of where to hang a picture.
Sara: Needs a nail, a hammer and a wall. Max - 2mins.

Yes, the zodiac is spot on for my case. But the weird thing is, even BEFORE we were married, we were 'special' friends for 6 years. And now, 8 years into our marriage, still in love with each other as we were during our Cloud-9 days.

Which prompted me to think. People usually use similarities as the plus points when searching for a life partner. In fact, so much time is spent in finding someone with the most similarities. But in actual - similarity matters not. What promises a brighter future is having the right attitude and personality.

One quick way to see a person with good attitude is; observing how a person RE-ACTS to a problem. If he's patient, forward-looking, always looking for a solution - then no mountain of difference is high enough. I'm probably just 10% of this. But I do try to be sensitive to my reaction to her preferences. And she does the same thing too - err... I think. Which leads me to think another thing: all of the world's problem is actually a result of REACTIONS. Think about it.

So, conslusion: your reaction is the make-or-break point. Therefore, the rootcause b'gosh is: the problem of the problem is not the problem but it's how you REACT to it. Note to unmarried people: find a good problem-solver as your partner... not a problem-maker.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear problem solver,
yr b'day is just around the corner...dono wat to get...can borrow yr money ah?

whatever u'll be getting as a gift from me, please bear in mind dat i love u with ALL my heart n i'm extremely blessed to be destined as yr "better half" (he..he...) n so..so..blessed to be the mother of yr 2 pretty girls...(although they do bully me like mad..)

Huslina said...

You n Sara memang made for each other lar..Wonder have u two ever gone thru a big fight? Rasanya tak kot, knowing you guys.

Well, same thing for me & Nazri Joned lar, we r totaly the opposite but our "moment of silence" normally took less that than 15mins (an advantage of marrying a "badut" like me)

BTW Happy Birthday Iffil!