Saturday, February 16, 2008

14th February; a very special day

This is a very special day for me. It was 6pm in the cold Oregon winter back in 2005. Just as I was about to log-off from my office, an IM came in from a friend; “Mariam dah takde” (“Mariam is gone”).

I just froze. Mariam was my 2yr old baby, whom I missed so much during my travel, and was just 1 wk away until I’m back in M’sia. I broke down terribly. I took the first flight out but it was a long 36hr journey back home. The load was made heavier as 3-quarter of my luggage was nothing else but the clothes and shoes I bought for Mariam. These stuff, I’d lay them down all over my hotel's room, every single night and smiled to myself, imagining just how cute Mariam would look like in it. It was a long tough journey.

Back in M’sia, it was early morning of 15th February. Sara had a motherly instinct and decided not go to work. And when Mariam peacefully departed, she was in her mother's loving cuddle. Hundreds of people came moments later, only to find Mariam, still in Sara’s cuddle. It was hard to let go. And it was Tuesday. The day I was born.

I reached Malaysia on Thursday morning. Sara fetched me at the airport, with only 3mth old Marsha to keep her company. She didn’t want anyone else to be there. And when we met, it was our moment. We just hugged and did not speak a word. At that moment, deep inside, I still had a tint of denial. I still wish this whole thing was a dream. That was 3 years ago. And we still miss her terribly.

We love you so much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope she still thinks of us..

jai, if ur reading this...i would like to say thanks SOOO much to u, intan n yr whole family for always being there for us...

gwen, yr still mariam's god mum..u know that!

Anonymous said...

We are all blessed to have known Mariam. Mariam menginsafkan kami sekeluarga dan Mariam akan terus dalam ingatan kami - anak kesayangan semua!

JALAN REBUNG said...

Akm ...this is BULAT ..not sure if you guys remember me ..we were the same batch in UUM ...

Been following your blog ...(JAI yg bagi tau)..and tau jugak tentang arwah ...Sedih jugak tapi bangga dengan korang since you've been a very good parent to arwah . Although I've never met her, but deep in my heart I know dia adalah anak yang baik ...

kalau ada masa visit la portal UUM batch kita at

www.uum-with-hons.

BULAT
(ORANG KULIM JUGAK ...)

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum.
Hi guys. Sorry to disturb so late at night. I just happen to do a lil bit of yahoo email cleaning when I saw an old email from yahoo account to amiffil tm net account and the email was back dated in 2003. I was following some news on mariam back then. Tonite something ticked me again to find the latest news on her. What can i say... I feel sad, though i dont know mariam at all, I still feel sad. In my email I wrote something like this...

==
She's a gorgeous baby that i tell you, hope i'll get one like her one day :) (oh yeah forgot, im still single) hehe.
==

Yeap, I still have that email...
Don't know if u have that mail still but its alrite. I just thought i should email u back after so many years. Tried to email to amiffil email account but its no more available.
Anyhow, I'm happily married now Alhamdulillah... (July 2008).
Just feel down and sad after reading a blog post dated Thursday, February 16, 2006.

Eventhough I dont know much about arwah, but I feel the sorrow. My Prayers goes to her and your family...

InsyaAllah my new born is coming June 2009. Hope he/she will be as comel as arwah...


regards,
ShahZS