Saturday, September 05, 2009

Another Micro Four Third: Panasonic Lumix GF1

I've always loved Panasonic. All of the fans, air-conds, water-heater, rice cooker, oven-toaster in my house are Panasonic. When it comes to compact cameras too, I think Panasonic rocks. That basically explains why I've owned 5 Panasonic compacts with current being the FT1.


Anyway, after Olympus released their Micro 4-3rd, E-P1, the next event that I was waiting was Panasonic's respond to it, being another Micro 4-3rd manufacturer. And after a few months waiting, on Sep 2nd, 2009, they announced it; the Panasonic Lumix GF1.

Here are some pics I chedok from dpreview.com. My first impression: Lovely. Not as beautiful as E-P1, but much more macho. And the pop-up flash is a winner.


Will I buy it? Not yet. Mainly coz I'm not really sure how the absence of body-stabilizer will fare on the 20mm prime-lens. But it will definitely be under my radar screen!

3 comments:

JALAN REBUNG said...

bro,

ada dslr lama yang hang dah tak nak tolak la kat aku ...kalau bagi free lagi bagus ..sempena bulan ramadhan ni ...hehehe

--iffil-- said...

wei, hg ni actually dah overdue dah utk beli slr nih. kalau hg beli, mesti hg fully utilize, memang berbaloi. utk aku, SLR ni terlalu bagak lah. so, aku dok target micro 4-3rd system. tapi... ermm... aku masih hold on to the SLR lah ;-)

Huslina said...

Tuan Rizal, daripada encik iffil tolak kat anda rasanye baik dia jual harga kengkawan kat saya.

Sakit kepala tengok market price adalah sangat jauh compare to hutang saya kat MARA (ye, saya pun ada hutang komputer gak, RM2K tapi nama tak keluar suratkhabar pun :)

Funding utk beli kamera (termasuk sumbangan dari other half) dah disalah guna utk shopping raya.. tak dapek la den berayo ngan kamera canggih :(