Thursday, May 29, 2008

Snow White movie is SCARY!

Who could not have loved Snow White? She’s da babe. And Marsha is nuts about her. But interestingly, she could not bring herself to watch SW’s movie. After about ~8mins of watching, she’d switched off (without pressing ‘stop’, as usual) the DVD player and walked away. I asked her why and her reply was “it’s too scary”.

Now, think about it. We’ve all watched SW, right? (Don’t tell me I’m the only guy watching it). But why is this 3.5yr old kid said it’s ‘scary’? Iffil Mia gets down and dirty and investigates…

1) Her name.
Nothing wrong with ‘Snow’ and ‘White’. But her name was inspired from the blood that spilled on the snow under a very dark night. And this happened when her mum pricked herself with a hellava big needle, where she said (upon seeing the blood), “I wish upon a daughter whose lips are as red as the blood and hair as dark as the night”. Darn. This alone sent a shiver throughout my guts. This is dark voodoo stuff. Luckily she did not get a son.

2) Her mother DIED mysteriously.
And she got herself a wicked stepmother, who incidentally became a dark voodoo Queen. Correct me if this is wrong as I was not particularly paying attention, but if it’s true, this is downright disturbing.

3) The freaking mirror talks!
It’s not the cutie-mutie kind like Mrs. Pot or Lumiere of Beauty & the Beast. This is a scary looking dark-voodoo magic mirror, with smoke and all, that talks back to you. Is this an appropriate sight for kids? SW should be tagged as 18PL.

4) The Queen hired a killer.
I mean, specifically she said, “I want you to kill her!” And not just that, she even said, “I want you to bring back her heart!” And the reason: coz SW is ‘fairer’ than her. How sickening is that? For a kid to be watching this, this is downright brutal! Is should be tagged 18SG as well.

Well, I stopped investigating there and then. Snow White is bad for kids. She’s da babe no doubt and Marsha still adore her, but her tale should be altered, like 100%.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...a rather thorough analysis and I must say, yes, I somehow agree to it (I think). But doesn't all Disney princess cartoon have some kind of violent element to it?

Hmmm...or maybe it's just Snow White being very fair. HAHAHA...with potrays a ghostly image or something. :)

JALAN REBUNG said...

Salam Bro, kalau susah sangat hang bukak je CD Madu Tiga. Tak la ganas pastu boleh buat hang senyum simpul.

BULAT