Wednesday, April 22, 2009

iA (ISO Anonymous)


Facilitator: Let’s hear from Iffil. Come on now, son.

*clapping from the crowd*

Iffil: Hi there. My name is Iffil. And *pause* I’m an ISO addict. *clapping*. Ehem *clear throat* it’s hard for me to do this. But, I guess, with the economy being bad and stuff, lately, I managed to control the damage.

Participant: What got u here, bro?

Iffil: Well *pause* it all started a few years ago. It was a Minolta. I mean, like… I really loved her. But she just won’t do it. I tried to make her do it. I told her, “Babe, I need you to go higher than ISO80, my pics are all blurry”. But she… she just refused. Sometimes, she did 150, but.. yea… sometimes. Anyway, the cravings went on and on and on for years. And I’m just… *pause* I’m… well, I spent a lot money flinging.

Until I met another. Sony. She’s... she's incredible. I mean, she’s a beauty. A bit of a size, y'know, an SLR. *woooo (from the crowd)* My moments with her *big momma! (a shout from the crowd)* ...yea.. *smile*, my moments with her were marvelous. She did everything I asked for. Wonderful ISO400. Beautiful. And she could do it all day long.

Participant: Well, then you should be happy, dude.

Iffil: Well, I thought I was. Until *deep thought* ... until I saw how others were doing. Don’t get me wrong, I still love my Sony. But, dude… everyone was doing ISO800. Even 1600! So, I talked to her, asked her to do the same. She told me, “OK, but you might not love me anymore if I do it”. I said, nah. I’d love you for anything. *deep pause*

Facilitator: Then what happen, son?

Iffil: Well, she was right. I couldn’t look at her the same anymore. Her ISO800 and 1600, well… was quite bad. I could live with the 800… really... but 1600… it was hard for me to take. *pause*

And then, it happened again. I started to look at the others. Its wrong, I know. But, I did that. I just… did that. I stop coming back early. Always had a reason. And I kept looking at others. The net, magazines, shops… you name it.

Participant: Did you replace her?

Iffil: I dunno. I mean, I want to. But I just couldn’t. Deep down, I still love her. Life is good when she’s doing ISO400. So, I’m just staying put. But.. the agony. I’m still looking at others. Y’know, those Nikons, Canons… dammit. I just can’t stop looking.

Facilitator: But, you have to remember, that sometimes, ISO ain’t everything.

Iffil: Yea, I know, I know. I mean, yea, if I’m sticking to what I have, I actually have a lot. I should be happy. I know. But.. yea… I think *pause* I’m just gonna chill out with my baby. Rediscover our moments y’know. Snap a bit more with her.

Facilitator: Yes, exactly. And we’re sure that, once you could find those “moments”, something to laugh at, or share, you and your baby will be just fine. OK, everyone, that’s a wrap now. Let’s take a group photo at ISO1600.

3 comments:

Your Average Mat said...

ISO 1600 in BnW would be a classic grainish look. :)

chiaoju said...

lawak. :)

--iffil-- said...

average mat, grainy 'film' look, oh yes. that's really cool.

hey chiao ju, thks for dropping by.