Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Michael Jackson: The Greatest Comeback

Well, I guess, he can rest in peace. His wish for a one-off comeback has actually became his GREATEST comeback. Not only the >30yr olds are reciting his lyrics, even 5yr olds are singing to it!

Fact is, my first ever music album was MJ's Thriller album. This was a big deal coz at that time, a cassette was $12.90. And being consistently either 2nd or 3rd last in class, I had no reason to persuade my dad to buy one for me, other than being consistent.

But, since I looked stupid, it was easy to come up with a muka seposen to con my dad to buying it for me... I mean, who can resist a sad AND stupid face, right?

Anyway, I got the cassette and I promised him to start doing some school work. Eventhough it turned up that my dad listened to the cassette more than me.

In that little cassette, there's an instruction on how to do the moonwalk. That little booklet was always in my back pocket, alongside my yellow comb. Of coz, after some beatings, it usually landed on my big bro's pocket (yes, along with the comb), but it was that lil' booklet that taught me the moonwalk.

Picture courtesy of Azrena's magazines.

O well.

MJ; you have just made a comeback that even the Beatles could only dream of. Not just coz you have funky synthesizers in your music, but more for the lives you have touched with it.

That little moment in that little music store in Penang, where I got that cassette with that little moonwalk booklet, is probably one of the biggest moment of my life. I could never forget that moment, holding on to that cassette... with the face and all.

Dude, it was great knowing you (not that he can hear me, but please just play along, this is a closure for me) and thank you very much for the 'gifts' you've given me.

Heal the worrrld... *sob sob*... make it a bedda plaaaacceee.... *sob sob*... for youuu and for meeee... and the entire human race.... *bubye dude!*

7 comments:

Shahrul Ghani said...

Well written bro, mr.Jackson may you rest-in-peace.

Ashraf Aziz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashraf Aziz said...

RIP MJ. nice logo! cool review.fyi, aku pun ada kaset tu dulu..hehe.

JALAN REBUNG said...

Iffil,

Our growing up moment (zaman kita) has been sweater with the songs from MJ ...BJ,Beat IT and others. Al-Fatihah ...

sara said...

alfatihah

chiaoju said...

*wail*

*sob*

*weep*

yes closure is what u need. *wipe away tears*. the other makcik will never get closure i think. i just hope she don't pull some funky act tomorrow.

=)

Anonymous said...

Michael Jackson was great dancer. He is my roll model. Thanks for giving me such usefull information.


RITA PIT

Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step