Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Old Habits: iPod Touch

I have a very bad habit. Everytime before i travel, I'll buy something. Something that I made myself to think that it is a necessity.

In my latest pre-travel shopping, I torture myself thinking that I need to bring along either a netbook or an MID. Something I don't have.

And in the end, I bought an Apple iPod Touch. And to skip to the good part, i think its worth every single ringgit!

iPod Touch is basically an iPhone without the phone and camera. But it gobbles up any iPhone apps which does not use 3G/GPRS. It even looks like an iPhone!

And why I said it was worth it? I actually used it, well.. after i had to snatch it from Sara or Marsha, to perform value-added stuff which helped my travelling!

I used it to look for a shop, understand the surrounding roads via map, calculate the forex, jot down important notes and to perform web check-in with the airlines.

And on other time, there were web browsing, games, youtube, emails, facebook and tweeting.

And all that were done via a device no bigger than an average phone. Of course, I had to rely on WIFI to be connected, but nowadays, most hotels or deli would have that.

Someone asked me, why didn't I buy an iPhone instead? Well, this device is just around RM1000. And iPhone is between RM2500 to RM3000. If I had that much money to spend, I'll probably buy one. Furthermore, I just bought a new phone to replace my aging 3year old device.

Well, anyway, iPod Touch gets my thumbs up. I've always liked iPhone. I think it's a techno marvel. And therefore I knew I would love the Touch. Its no multi-tasking communicator like a BB. But for everything else (especially multi 'tabs' for Safari).... iPod Touch (or iPhone) is just simply brilliant!


Sent from my iPod

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, great! This cleared up some confusion I'd heard.

--iffil-- said...

Glad I could help.

Huslina said...

betul! betul! betul!.. like u said, it's an iPhone without phone & camera..

But what I love most about it... we got it for FREE! *ngeh ngeh(Hubby & I didnt have to fork out a single cents, alhamdulillah)

--iffil-- said...

Nana, kalau dapat free lagi, jual lah kat I murah2 sikit ;-) ingat tau!!

Rizal said...

coffe table, how many device do u carry with u when u step out from the house?

--iffil-- said...

ipod touch ni sahih dalam handbag MARSHA! kena gaduh dgn dia dulu baru boleh pegang...