Friday, October 16, 2009

80% Of Twitter Broadcasters R Narcissists!


Previously, I blogged about Twitter. I said that it's not a micro-blogging tool. Rather, it's a self-broadcasting tool.

There are 2 types of Twitter broadcasters. Organizations and individuals. For organizations, the tweets are of the latest buzz, news, promotions and etc. For individuals, the tweets are about... well, that person.

Now that the hype is gone, I know that I suck at tweeting. My tweets are boring.

I'm much more of a 'twittee'. The recipient of tweets.

I love reading tweets. Armed with a Blackberry (and TweetDeck for my Desktop), I receive latest local and global news via Twitter by following Newsweek, Staronline, KL News and etc. I get the latest score and news on football via Skynews, EPL, Arsenalmania etc. I even get daily dosages of tips on parenting and Blackberry, as well as dirty jokes, daily chillies and many more info via Twitter too.

So, to me, Twitter rocks. In between meetings, I'll be on my phone reading the hundreds of tweets that keeps my on top of the latest buzz. And it's FREE!

Ahh... isn't life sweet with a Blackberry? *free ad for BB hehe*

Anywayyyyy, tho Twitter is good (for me), it has its share of criticism. And its mainly due to unwanted broadcasting from spamming-organizations and boring-uncreative-spamming-individuals.

In fact, an interesting read from Fast Company (the oh-so-cool lifestyle and business magazine), says that 80% of Twitter broadcasters are narcissists, y'know, those 'me! me! me!' kinda people.

I for one, find the article to be very true. I'm saying it coz I think at times, I'm contributing to that 80%. And the regular squint-eye look I get from the missus, followed by a soft murmur that sounds like 'nasisis', probably confirms that.

But as a twittee, the remaining 20% are feeding me with good information. And as long as I lift a leg up from that spamming 80%, I'm vroom-vrooming all the wayyy with Twitter. Rock on!

Link to Fast Company here.

Link to Wikipedia on narcissist here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha alamak penuh satu page lagi....scroll and scrollll and scrollllll

ndru said...

if u wana read news, use RSS feed. that will be better.

--iffil-- said...

Ndru, RSS Feed is OK. But I will still rally and promote people to use Twitter.

I believe that Twitter will be a strong part of next generation's lifestyle, no matter what criticism it may get e.g. like the Fast Company's article.

I don't mean to be rude to your liking of RSS Feed, but I just think that Twitter is more versatile and way much fun.

Anonymous said...

good evening bros. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging for that singular model. The prices for the velcros are about 300 dollars on every site. But finally I bring about this locate selling them for half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy these. what is your opinion?