Friday, October 02, 2009

Bey Bey Emm (BlackBerry Messenger): The Painful Truth

That's how the Indonesian call it, BBM, short for BlackBerry Messenger. Its an IM service exclusively for BB users. But however cool it is, I still think it's very primitive.

And compared to YM, Windows Live Messenger or Google Talk, BBM is a freaking dinosaur.

Why?

One HUGE mother reason. PIN. That is the defining method to recognize a particular user. For example, my name is Iffil. And for you to add me in your BBM, you have to know my PIN, which is XXXXXX.

And the sad part, PIN is device dependent. So if I change device, say I upgrade my aging BB to a newer model, I'd have a different PIN. And I'd lose all of my BBM contacts. And my contacts will lose me.

In fact, if I sell off my old device, someone else will be walking around with my old PIN (wth?).

In comparison to YM, for example, I can log-in into any computer in this world via my username or email, and I will still have my contact list, intact.

So, for BlackBerry, please change your BBM system. Let us log-in via our BlackBerry email account, which is NOT device dependent. Using PIN is sincerely... plain stupid.

7 comments:

JALAN REBUNG said...

salam bro ...

sorila tak paham ..aku takde blackberry ...kat high tech dah ada old town kopitiam ..tapi banyak LALAT la ...

sara said...

worse still...until now i still dono what's my PIN..

chiaoju said...

huish. consult andrewtan. i think he knows the fundamentals of BB.

i think.

--iffil-- said...

Chiaoju, I'm quite sure it goes by PIN than anything else. But maybe Enche Andrew Tan knows a trick or two :-)

Lat.... awat tak call??? SMS me your number.

Sara, to know your PIN, press Alt+Shift+H. Aiya... so many time I teach teach you one....

Anonymous said...

bro..upgrade to storm ka? koei

Rizal said...

No wonder u r no longer active on my bb msger list. Worst still my msn I'm is also having problem on my bb...

--iffil-- said...

Sayang sekali, it's true what they say "once you go Black, you'll never go back". Hmm..

Anyway, BB is hebat. I wish Apple or Nokia ada servis macam BB. But, we're just stuck with BB.

Jai, nanti aku sms to you my new PIN. My old PIN sekarang Sara pakai.