Monday, January 09, 2006

Opening Hours 11am to 11pm

All the while, if I see a signage like so, I thought, that would be the business operating hours, where the customers can start coming in and perform transactions. But little that I know, that's not how it's translated in a well-known pizza outlet here.

As Sara started the day with cravings for pizza, we decided to have it for brunch. And since I know that the outlet opens at 11am, I got there right on the dot. But I was quite suprised to see that at 11, the door was still locked. And there were a few people behind me also wanting to go in, wearing shirts that look EXACTLY like the employee's of the outlet.

I peeked through the glass door and knocked on it. As I was doing that, I asked the lady beside me, whom I'm pretty sure works for the outlet, "Sudah buka, kan?". As she looked at her wrist watch, she replied with a straight-face, "Belum, pukul 11 baru buka." It was 11:08am.

Anyway, suddenly, a geek with a bunch of keys appeared from the other side of the door. And no sooner than I could say "I Love Pepperoni and Cheese Sandwich", the geek suddenly displayed a 30-seconds To Fame gig of "How A Clown Opens A Glass Door Of A Pizza Outlet". Everyone was stunned. In the end, thankfully, the door opened and we all came in. Then, as I entered, instead of the sweet smell of pizza, the smell of sambal Nasi Lemak greeted me. Then I saw 3 employees eating Nasi Lemak. Fine.

It was 11:30am when I finally get to order my food. And while waiting, I manage to amuse myself by witnessing the staff's morning roll-call and briefing, just 7 feet away from my table. Hey, aren't you suppose to do that BEFORE 11am and INSIDE closed door?

Gotta go. I'll continue later.

No comments: