Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Why Fire?

Fireworks are beautiful. But they're also expensive and dangerous. As I was enjoying it during New Year Celebration, I couldn’t help to think about last year’s unfortunate incident where a man was killed by it. Poor guy. He could be anyone. You or me. I wonder if there’s a research grant out there that looks into making fireworks safe. Why shouldn’t it be? If I can develop a firework that’s safe, harmless and cheap; I’d be a billionaire by now. We are talking about world global market here.

Blueprint documents containing this research will surely be traveling in hand-cuffed briefcase, surrounded by 5 body-guards with black suits, dark glasses and earpiece (yeah, with those dark glasses, they surely need those earpieces). A “self-destruct” button by the side of it, in case some Dr. Evil wants to get his hands on it. The research has to be conducted in a low-profile abandoned ravine, 500 meters underground. The signage at the outer gate says, “Nothing to See Here. Go Away.” And the entry elevator is equipped with voice-password sensor. Yup, u gotta hum to The Doors's Light My Fire...

Come on baby, light my fire
Come on baby, light my fire
Try to set the night on fireeeee, yeah!

.... love that song *sigh*

ANYWAY, I really hope that we can one day have a very safe way of marking a special day like New Year. Until then, I’ll be 20km away from the firework site, enjoying its beautiful display from the 14th floor of my sis’s apartment.

Gotta go back to my top secret underground office.
Breaktime's over :P

No comments: