Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cell Phones Galore, how can one follow?

I just realized that I’ve lost track on cell phones. What I know is that people are no longer looking at Nokia and Sony Ericsson. There’s Samsung, LG and HTC too.

Prior to this, my ignorance has made me to believe that there are only 3 phone makers worth mentioning in this world; RIM’s Blackberry, Apple’s iPhone and Nokia.

It’s easy to follow a Blackberry coz it only has 3 existing models. iPhone only has 1. And Nokia has its series such as N, E, MusicExpress and etc. So, it’s very easy to follow.

But, when it comes to Samsung, LG or even SE, I simply can’t follow. There’s Magic, Snap, Omnia, Pixon, Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Here, Touch There. There’s even a model called Hero!??

It's quite obvious that these great competitors are making a fortune playing the mini-me game. Y'know, that "U buat, then baru I buat, just like you". But I sure hope they would not make the classic Nissan mistake (overlapping range of products) and lose money more than could actually make.

Coz, in the Red Ocean world, we do need these makers to keep RIM and Nokia firmly on the ground, producing cheaper and better solutions.

I’m actually NOT a tech geek. But in this case, it’s just too obvious, don't you think?

No comments: